L-1A Visa Intracompany Transfer Visa

L1A L1B VisaIntra-Company Transfer L-1A Visas

The L-1A non-immigrant classification enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States.  This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one.” (USCIS)

This is the ideal Visa for those seeking to expand their business into the U.S.

This visa is designed to work best with a growing or larger business. Smaller companies are subject to a more intensive scrutiny by USCIS, therefore, as rule of thumb a company with 25 or more employees stands greater success.Most companies with less than 25 employees  should consider the E2 Visa.

Duration of the Visa

L1A for Managers and Executives: Petitions are usually granted for two years initially followed by two 2-year extension with a maximum stay of 7 Years.

New Office Start-Up: Petition will be granted only for 1 year. USCIS will decide the period of extension. Maximum stay is 5-7 years.

L1-A Visa: Spouse

The spouse of an L-1A visa will be given work authorization The spouse’s employment authorization permit will be valid for the duration of the L-1A visa. A spouse Can work in any legal industry of their choice.

Learn more about the L1-A Visa: L-1A USCIS