The Direct EB5 green card program requires an individual to directly invest in the business as opposed to an investment into a fund that hosts many investors.
- The Direct EB5 program allows the investor, as an entrepreneur, to own his or her business directly (or partner with others if needed).
- You will need to invest a minimum of $500,000 in areas designated with high unemployment, otherwise you will need to invest $1,000,000.
- You will enter the U.S. on a provisional green card (with your spouse and children) as conditional lawful permanent residents (LPR).
- Conditional LPR status expires in two years.
- A direct investment requires that the LPR entrepreneur run the business himself or herself.
- The business needs to provide 10 full-time jobs to persons other than family for a total of 2 years.
- Profit needs to support the entrepreneur’s family.
- The entrepreneur is liable to the extent of the business organization.